Salsa is one of those things that just seems to go with everything. After I moved out to the west coast I noticed people eating it with their eggs, chicken, even French fries.
Now I’m a fan of salsa on tacos, burritos and of course with my tortilla chips, but I’ve been lazy and just bought a jar when I needed it. However once I found out just how easy it is to make, I may never buy another jar again.
Start off with your favorite canned diced tomatoes, I prefer Hunt’s fire roasted, throw in some onions, jalapeno, a little garlic and chives, some fresh lime juice and you’re done.
Quick and easy salsa
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can Hunt's fire roasted diced tomatoes with garlic
- 2 tablespoon white onion finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon red onion finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon chopped red pepper
- 2 tablespoon chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons diced jalapenos
- 1 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/2 fresh lime, juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped chives
Add ingredients to a food processor. Pulse until the bits are your desired size, about 5 or 6 times. Open cover, scrape down sides. Pulse again if needed.